Links

Columnists



Site Search


Entire (RSS)
Comments (RSS)

Archive Calendar

May 2021
S M T W T F S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

Guides

How to Become a Bounty Hunter



Bombing Suspect’s Father Said He Warned FBI in 2013 That His Son Had Become Radicalized

Ahmad Khan Rahami (ABC photo)

Ahmad Khan Rahami

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The father of the key suspect in the bombings in New York and New Jersey said he warned the FBI in 2014 that his son had become radicalized and “bad.”

The father, Mohammad Rahami, said his son, Ahmad Khan Rahami, changed after visiting Afghanistan and Pakistan in 2013, ABC News reports. 

“I found a change in his personality. His mind was not the same. He had become bad and I don’t know what caused it but I informed the FBI about it,” he said.

Saying he didn’t believe the FBI took action against his son, the elder Rahami said he is sickened by what his son’s alleged actions.

“I condemn the act of my son and I am sad over injuries caused to people,” he said, adding that he was cooperating fully with investigators.

The son is an Afghan-born U.S. citizen who has been predominately unconscious and incubated since undergoing surgery.

FBI Investigating Allegations That Brad Pitt Abused Children on Private Jet

Actor Brad Pitt, via Wikipedia

Actor Brad Pitt, via Wikipedia

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The FBI is investigating allegations that Brad Pitt was verbally and physically abusive with his children on a private jet last week.

The FBI is investigating because the alleged abuse occurred on a flight from France to the U.S.

“The FBI is continuing to gather facts and will evaluate whether an investigation at the federal level will be pursued,” FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller told press in a statement late on Thursday night, Business Insider reports. 

A TMZ report suggested Pitt was drunk during the flight and that his wife Angelina Jolie and their children were on board.

Jolie has filed for divorce, citing “irreconcilable differences.”

Daily Camera: It’s Never OK for FBI to Pose As News Reporters

typewriter-reporterBy Editorial Board
Daily Camera

The U.S. Justice Department’s inspector general has cleared an FBI agent of wrongdoing for impersonating a journalist and using a fake Associated Press story to track down the 15-year-old who made bomb threats against a high school in the state of Washington nine years ago. The ruling sends a horrible message to agents — “do whatever you want, guys” — and has the potential to promote other ethically challenged behavior at an agency where professionalism should be a top priority.

With its stonewalling on records requests and bullying of reporters over news leaks, the Justice Department under President Barack Obama long ago set a new low for attempting to subvert the journalistic process.

Still, the inspector general’s ruling was a surprise partly because the FBI itself tacitly admitted mishandling the case. In June, it adopted a policy requiring agents to get high-level approval before impersonating a journalist in future investigations. Hopefully, the person reviewing those requests will have more scruples and better judgment than the DOJ inspector general or the FBI rogues who devised the 2007 caper.

Back then, law enforcement officials couldn’t figure out who was making bomb threats to Timberline High School via email. An agent contacted the suspect by email, posing as an AP “staff publisher,” and got him to open a link to a fake AP story about the bomb threats. The fake story was posted on a fake web page that resembled that of the Seattle Times. When the 15-year-old clicked on the link, it infected his computer with tracking software, leading authorities to him.

The FBI’s ruse and the inspector general’s whitewashing of it are damaging to journalism. But the government doesn’t care about that.

To read more click here. 

FBI Investigating Lewd Messages from Former Congressman Anthony Weiner to 15-Year-Old Girl


By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The FBI and local police are investigating former U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner after he allegedly sent sexually explicit text messages and suggestive photos to a 15-year-old girl.

Former Congressman Anthony Weiner

Former Congressman Anthony Weiner

The Daily Mail, which broke the story, reports that a subpoena has been issued for Weiner’s cellphone and other electronic records.

The girls said the exchanges occurred for several months and included Weiner urging her to engage in “rape fantasies.” In one message, Weiner allegedly told the teen: “I would bust that tight p***y so hard and so often that you would leak and limp for a week.”

According to the girl and her family, Weiner was aware that she was underage.

In a statement to Daily Mail, Weiner said, “I have repeatedly demonstrated terrible judgement about the people I have communicated with online and the things I have sent. I am filled with regret and heartbroken for those I have hurt.”

“I have repeatedly demonstrated terrible judgement about the people I have communicated with online and the things I have sent.

“I am filled with regret and heartbroken for those I have hurt.”

U.S. Must Combat Terrorism Inspired by Internet, Homeland Security Chairman Says

U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul

U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

As domestic terrorism cases continue to rise, the U.S. must take on extremism on the Internet, Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul, R-Texas, said Tuesday.

McCaul said terrorism is spreading because of the Internet, creating a “global jihadist movement,” The Dallas Morning News reports. 

“Now we have a new generation of terrorists that are very savvy on the internet. They know how to exploit it, both how to recruit and train, and to radicalize from within,” he said, later adding: “Through the power of the internet, you don’t have to travel to Syria. You can get radicalized here.”
McCaul is calling for a nonpartisan proposal that will be pitched to the presidential candidates.

McCaul was speaking at the American Enterprise Institute.

FBI Searches for 2 Men Who Removed Bomb from Luggage on NYC Sidewalk

The FBI is searching for these two men.

The FBI is searching for these two men.

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The FBI is searching for two men who were spotted removing an improvised explosive device from luggage on a sidewalk in New York City over the weekend.

Surveillance video shows the men taking the luggage but leaving the bomb behind.

The device was near another bomb that detonated on West 23rd Street in Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring more than 25 people. The men were captured on surveillance between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., the same period when the other bomb exploded.

In a statement, the bureau said, “The FBI is interested in speaking to these individuals and recovering the luggage.”

Police arrested Ahmad Khan Rahami, 28, in connection with the bomb that had detonated. It’s unclear whether the other men in the video are connected to Rahami.

FBI Official on Terrorism: ‘We Will Not Be Able to Stop Everything’

terrorism-911By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

No matter how vigilant the United States is, some extremism will “unfortunately get through” counterterrorism efforts, a senior FBI official warned Wednesday.

“We will try and do as much as we can, but we will not be able to stop everything,” FBI Executive Assistant Director Mike Steinbach said, according to ABC News. 

Steinbach was defending the FBI’s handling of an investigation two years ago of the prime suspect in the weekend bombings in New York and New Jersey.

New York Police officials also defended the FBI.

“It was handled to the extent that the law, the system and the guidelines that we operate under would allow,” NYPD Deputy Commissioner John Miller told a House panel.

Ahmad Khan Rahami, the 28-year-old man suspect in the bombings of placing bombs over the weekend, was the subject of an FBI investigation more than two years ago.

Vice News Sues FBI, Secret Service for Details of Investigations into Donald Trump

donald trump rallyBy Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

Vice News and an MIT doctoral student filed suit against the Secret Service on Tuesday in hopes of receiving documents about the agency’s investigation of Donald Trump and his campaign.

The news agency also filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the FBI after Trump made two inflammatory statements about Hillary Clinton.

In two separate statements, Trump appeared to suggest violence against Clinton for her position on gun control – one that the Republican candidate has mischaracterize as an attempt to abolish the Second Amendment.

Trump also called on Russia to leak hacked documents of Clinton’s emails.

Vice News wrote:

VICE News and Shapiro submitted a FOIA request to the Secret Service August 18 for records pertaining to its investigation of Trump’s statements, and sought expedited processing. We asked for “disclosure of any and all records that mention or refer to the matter” and “any records compiled as part of any investigation into the referenced matter.” The Secret Service didn’t even acknowledge the request.