Links

Columnists



Site Search


Entire (RSS)
Comments (RSS)

Archive Calendar

May 2018
S M T W T F S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Guides

How to Become a Bounty Hunter



Archive for May, 2018

Trump Admits He Reimbursed Cohen for Payment to Stormy Daniels After Insisting He Knew Nothing About It

President Trump, via White House

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

President Trump confirmed Thursday morning that he reimbursed his longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, for the $130,000 payment to porn actress Stormy Daniels.

It was an extraordinary admission on Twitter because Trump insisted last month that he was unaware of the payment, which the FBI is investigating. 

Trump’s explanation comes after Rudolph Giuliani, the former New York City mayor who recently joined the president’s legal team, acknowledged for the first time that Trump reimbursed Cohen for the payment.

Trump stressed that no campaign funds were used.

“Mr. Cohen, an attorney, received a monthly retainer, not from the campaign and having nothing to do with the campaign, from which he entered into, through reimbursement, a private contract between two parties, known as a non-disclosure agreement, or NDA,” Trump tweeted. “These agreements are very common among celebrities and people of wealth. In this case it is in full force and effect and will be used in Arbitration for damages against Ms. Clifford (Daniels).”

Trump said the payment “was used to stop the false and extortionist accusations made by her about an affair, despite already having signed a detailed letter admitting that there was no affair.”

Trump continued, “Prior to its violation by Ms. Clifford and her attorney, this was a private agreement. Money from the campaign, or campaign contributions, played no roll in this transaction.”

On Fox News, Giuliani told Sean Hannity that Trump “didn’t know about the specifics of it, as far as I know.”

Giuliani added, “But he did know the general arrangement, that Michael would take care of things like this, like I take care of things like this with my clients. I don’t burden them with every single thing that comes along. These are busy people.’’

Trio Posed As FBI Agents, Conned Man out of Car, Jewelry, Tools, Gift Cards

Douglas Depugh and Alexander Serrano

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

A trio of men posing as FBI agents conned a Pennsylvania out of cars, jewelry, gift cards and power tools.

The con began in August, police said, when the suspects convinced the victim they were part of an FBI operation in Reading, Pa.

The suspects stole the man’s car, crashed one of his rental cars, extorted money and forced him to buy $11,000 worth of gift cards, according to WFMZ.

Douglas Depugh, 49, is in jail awaiting trial on charges of impersonating a public servant, conspiracy, and theft by deception.

Michael Cortez, 34, of Kansas City, Missouri, faces charges include theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property, theft by deception, impersonating a public servant and conspiracy.

Those men posed as FBI agents, police said.

Andrew Serrano, 46, who posed as an FBI informant, is in jail awaiting jail on charges of impersonating a public servant, conspiracy, and theft by deception.

FBI Warns of Soaring Cases of Sexual Assaults on Airplanes

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

The FBI is warning flyers that sexual assaults on airplanes are soaring.

The bureau, which handles criminal activity aboard domestic airplanes, said sexual assaults jump from 38 in 2014 to 63 in 2017.

It wasn’t clear what caused the spike in sexual assaults, but the FBI said most of the victims were women and children.

Sexual assaults also are more likely to occur on long flights, especially when the victim is sleeping or has been drinking.

The FBI is encouraging victims to immediately report sexual assaults so that agents can respond in time to investigate and make an arrest.

Defiant Deputy AG Rosenstein Says Justice Department Won’t ‘Be Extorted’ with GOP Threats

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is in charge of overseeing the special counsel investigation of Russian election interference, said Tuesday he is not intimidated by conservative Republican lawmakers who are threatening to impeach him.

“There have been people that have been making threats, publicly and privately, against me for quite some time, and I think they should understand by now: The Department of Justice is not going to be extorted,” Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said at the Newseum in Washington. “Any kind of threats that anybody makes are not going to affect the way we do our job. We have a responsibility and we take an oath. That’s the whole point.”

Rosenstein, who has been in President Trump’s crosshairs, struck a defiant and resolute tone as he fielded questions from the audience and even criticized lawmakers who drafted legislation to potentially impeach him.

“They can’t even resist leaking their own drafts,” the deputy attorney general said. “I saw that draft. I mean, I don’t know who wrote it. It really does illustrate, though, a really important distinction between the way we operate in the Department of Justice — if we’re going to accuse somebody of wrongdoing, we have to have admissible evidence and credible witnesses. We need to be prepared to prove our case in court. … We have people who are accountable. And so I just don’t have anything to say about documents like that that nobody has the courage to put their name on.”

An Off-Duty FBI Agent Distracted by His Cell Phone Triggered a Deadly Chain of Events

FBI Agent Carlos Wolff.

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

An off-duty FBI agent distracted by his cell phone crashed his car on a highway north of Washington D.C., triggering a series of tragic events that claimed his life and that of another off-duty law enforcement officer who stopped to help.

Agent Carlos Wolff, a 36-year-old husband and father of two young children, lost control of his Acura SUV in December when he began reaching for his cell phone, according to newly disclosed police reports obtained by the Washington Post.

The documents had been withheld pending the outcome of an accident investigation. 

According to police, Wolff’s SUV veered across at least three lanes and struck a median wall, coming to rest while still partially blocking the fast lane.

Arson investigator Sander Cohen, 33, who happened to be driving on the same stretch of highway, stopped to help.

Both men got out of their vehicles and were on the shoulder of the road when another car struck them, hurling their bodies over the median and into the opposing lane.

Lane was pronounced dead at the scene. Wolf died soon after being rushed to the hospital.

None of the drivers involved in the accident had been drinking, police said.

No, a Shotgun-Toting Hillary Clinton Was Not Killed by the FBI

Hillary Clinton

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

The website Daily World Update published an article Monday claiming that a shotgun-toting Hillary Clinton was killed during an FBI raid on her and Bill Clinton’s home in New York.

According to the article, the FBI arrived at the Clinton’s home in Chappaqua, N.Y., with “a warrant to search for hidden servers, Blackberries and other physical correspondence included in the case against her for emailing secrets about Benghazi and selling uranium to Russia.”

The Daily World Update published a story claiming Hillary Clinton had been killed by the FBI.

The article continues, “Clinton, shouting ‘get the hell out of my house or I’ll kill you,’ was brought down by more than 103 rounds from 17 agents on the ground.”

While shouting, Clinton came at the agents with a shotgun, “when they had no choice but to put her down like a rabid dog.”

Despite the outrageous details, the story made its rounds on social media, apparently fooling some people.

The fact-checking site, Snopes, reported – surprise, surprise – the story wasn’t true. The FBI didn’t raid the Clintons’ home, and agents certainly didn’t kill her. 

As Snopes points out, the site’s disclaimer notes that “Everything on this website if fiction.”

Daily World Update “is part of a fake news network which engages in political trolling under the guise of offering ‘satire.’”

More Than 50 Girls Receive Creepy Package at Schools in Southeast

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

More than 50 girls in elementary schools across the Southeast have received unsolicited packages from someone claiming to be a mentally disabled 14-year-old who has been the target of bullying.

The FBI and local police are investigating why someone posing as “Atur Bhuck of Santa Fe, NM” sent the packages containing food and a letter encouraging the girls to write him back via email, according to the Covington County District Attorney’s Office in Alabama, which posted a “Predator alert” on Facebook.

Investigators have tracked down the package sender to an IP address that appears to originate in Houston. And that same IP address turns up on websites about girls’ underwear.

No suspects have been identified yet but parents are encouraged to call authorities if their children receive a similar package.

Trump Lashes Out Over Leak of Questions in Mueller’s Russia Probe

President Trump

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

President Trump called it “disgraceful” that someone leaked to the media more than four dozen questions that special counsel Robert Mueller wants to ask him as part Russia investigation.

The New York Times reported Monday night that it received a copy of the questions after they were turned over to Trump’s lawyers. The questions range from what Trump knew about contacts with Russia during the 2016 presidential election to why he fired FBI Director James Comey.

“So disgraceful that the questions concerning the Russian Witch Hunt were ‘leaked’ to the media,” Trump tweeted Tuesday morning. “No questions on Collusion. Oh, I see…you have a made up, phony crime, Collusion, that never existed, and an investigation begun with illegally leaked classified information. Nice!”

In another tweet, Trump wrote, “It would seem very hard to obstruct justice for a crime that never happened. Witch hunt!”

It’s unclear how the New York Times acquired the questions, but the newspaper said they did not come from Trump’s current legal team.