By Steve Neavling
A nearly yearlong investigation led by the FBI has revealed that several members of a Chicago police gang team ripped off drug dealers of their money and narcotics, law enforcement officials told the Chicago Tribune .
A sergeant and at least three officers who are part of the cty’s Area Central gang team have been stripped over their powers as the federal probe continues.
No arrests have been made yet in the case, but authorities expect to bring charges against the police officials.
The investigation, which was triggered by an informant who told federal authorities that he had been robbed by the team, involved an undercover video sting to capture the police in action.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Accused – Again – of Cover-Up of DB Cooper Skyjacker Case 
- Poll: More Than 6 in 10 Back New Law to Protect Mueller 
- New FBI Messages Reveal Agents Tried to Evade Record Requirements 
- FBI Seeking More Information in 2015 Shooting Death 
- Paul Asks FBI for Information on Strzok’s and Lisa Page’s Level of Access 
- Mueller Team seeks Delay in Flynn Sentencing