By Steve Neavling
During the busy holiday travel break, the TSA found 80 firearms in carry-on bags at airports nationwide.
Of the 80 firearms, 65 were loaded, according to a weekly TSA blog. A round was chambered in 26 of the guns.
TSA officials also found four tubes of gun powder in a checked bag at Sioux Falls.
Officials also found grenades in checked bags at New Bern and Raleigh-Durham. Two swords were discovered in a carry-on in Atlanta.
Despite the TSA’s constant reminders about banned items, travelers continue to try to carry firearms and other weapons in carry-on bags.
Travelers are permitted to bring firearms in their checked baggage if they declare them with the airline.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Ends Hunt for Suspects in Mom’s Bizarre Kidnapping Saga 
- FBI: Man Assaulted Flight Attendant on Christmas Eve Flight 
- Nevada’s Voter-Approved Gun Background Checks Blocked 
- FBI Launches New Campaign to Stop Border Corruption 
- Five Border Security Priorities for Trump in His First 100 Days