The rising threat of homegrown extremism has prompted the Justice Department to create a new position to coordinate investigations, the Washington Post reports. 
The new position of domestic terrorism counsel is expected to be announced today at George Washington University.
The position will focus on threats posed by ISIS, as well as by racists and anti-government zealots.
Other Stories of Interest
- Donald Trumps Says He Should Receive Secret Service Protection 
- FBI Identifies Agent Involved in Killing of Man in Hotel Parking Lot 
- ATF Investigates Fire That Killed 2 Kansas City Firefighters 
- FBI: Columbus Man Accused of Threatening to Kill Porn Star 
- Border Patrol Cuts Use of Force by 40% Over 2 Years