By Steve Neavling
The DEA warned Mexico 16 months ago of plans by drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman to break out of prison, according to documents revealed Monday, Fox News reports. 
The U.S. first warned Mexico in March 2014 that information has been gathered to suggest family members and others in the drug world planned “potential operations to free Guzman.”
Mexican officials denied being informed “in that respect” and questioned the authenticity of the documents.
Guzman broke out of prison before and was captured in February 2014, when plans almost immediately began to hatch to help him break free of jail.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Agent Talks about Threat of Terrorism in America’s Heartland
- Smuggler Fleeing Border Patrol Strikes National Guard Vehicle 
- Homeland Security Funding Bill Debated by House Committee
- Yuma Agents Thwart Human, Drug Smuggling Attempts 
- Police Sergeant Accused of Making False Statements to FBI