A boat packed with undocumented immigrants collided with a Border Patrol vessel in Southern California on Thursday, killing one woman, the International Business Times reports. 
Border Patrol agents spotted the boat and tried to stop it, but to no avail.
The boat capsized and dumped all 20 people into the water, injuring at least four undocumented immigrants.
It remains unclear how the boat capsized and who struck whom in the collision.
“It’s very unfortunate that there was a loss of life, but we also question the need to fire warning shots specifically when that might deter or scare people from actually making contact with CBP,” Pedro Rios, of the American Friends Service Committee, said to NBC San Diego . “In this case, it’s unclear who struck who, but we do know there was a fatality and that’s very unfortunate.”
Other Stories of Interest
- Former FBI Agent Criticizes Declassified CIA Reports on 9/11 
- Authorities Nab 48 Involved in Violent Boston Drug Gang 
- Homeland Security Chairman Has ‘Harsh Evaluation’ of OPM Director 
- Judge Refuses Leniency in Drug Case Involving DEA Sex Scandal 
- Man Shot Outside of Air Force Base in Arkansas Dies