Authorities are trying to determine how a small gyrocopter managed to fly unnoticed to the lawn of the Capitol in Washington.
A Florida postal carrier was charged Thursday with crimes related to flying the plane through protected airspace, The Chicago Tribune reports.
Homeland Security Director Jeh Johnson said the gyrocopter “literally flew under the radar.”
The suspect is 61-year-old Doug Hughes, who now faces up to four years in prison. He said he pulled the stunt to bring attention to the need for campaign finance reform.
Lawmakers, however, are more interested in learning how his gyrocopter went unnoticed.
No one was injured.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI: Pennsylvania Bank Robbery Duo May Have Military Training 
- Obama’s Immigration Plan Comes Before Appeals Court 
- Border Patrol Is Hiring More Agents, Hopes to Find More Women 
- DEA Administrator Takes Heat Over Agents’ Behavior 
- Border Patrol Finds Man Hidden in SUV’s Modified Fuel Tank