The Homeland Security Department is urging citizens to prepare for a zombie apocalypse.
No, really. It was the government’s way of injecting a little humor into helping communities prepare for emergencies.
The idea is to prepare citizens for genuine disasters and emergencies, which would take the same sort of preparation to fend off a zombie attack, reports  the Associated Press.
The tongue-and-cheek warning had a serious tone. If an emergency would break out, Homeland Security said residents should have an emergency evacuation plan and clothes, water, extra medication and emergency flashlights, the AP said.
AP reported that the Federal Emergency Management Agency hosted an online seminar for its Citizen Corps organization to prepare for emergencies and used the zombie thing to add a little humor to the matter.
STORIES OF OTHER INTEREST
- Anarchists Plead Guilty in Ohio Bomb Plot 
- Justice Department Won’t Investigate South Bend Police Tapes 
- Security Firm Hires one of FBI’s Top Lawyers 
- Long-Anticipated Review of ATF’s Controversial ‘Fast and Furious’ Is Fast Approaching 
- Student Discipline Sparks Heavy Criticism from Justice Department