An Iowa couple accused of torturing a 20-year-old woman and forcing her into prostitution was charged this week with sex trafficking and torture, Richmond Times-Dispatch reports.
Charges in U.S. District Court allege Aldair Hodza, 36, and Laura E. Sorensen, 31, abducted the woman before subjecting her to sexual abuse, starvation and burning.
“She was forced to engage in prostitution in order to earn money for Sorensen and Hodza to use for food and gas on the trip,” according to federal documents.
The couple is accused of forcing the woman on a cross-country trip aboard a 37-foot Sun Voyager recreational vehicle.
The nightmare ended in New Kent County in Virginia on Jan. 6, when a truck alerted police to the woman inside the recreational vehicle.
Stories of Other Interest
- Detroit Cop Who Killed Self Was Under FBI Investigation
- South Carolina FBI Office to Host Program for Black History Month
- FBI: Ex-Congressman Grimm Had Financial Stake in Health Food Store
- Authorities Disclose Identity of Man Killed by Border Patrol
- Still No Budget Plan For Homeland Security As GOP Struggles for Votes