Border Patrol agents did a double-take after checking a bus passenger’s papers at a checkpoint in Falfurrias, Texas.
The passenger’s license, birth certificate and Social Security card all identified the passenger as 34-year-old David, a fellow Border Patrol agent assigned to the same area, Valley Central reports.
Agents knew it wasn’t David, whose last name hasn’t been identified to protect his privacy.
The man was actually 24-year-old Orlando Castaneda-Diaz, a Mexican citizen who allegedly crossed the border on April 12.
It wasn’t immediately clear how the identity was stolen.
Other Stories of Interest
- Washington Post Reporter Wins Pulitzer for Reporting on Secret Service
- DEA Agent Honored with Congressional Badge of Bravery for Saving Family
- Hungary Protests Comments Made by FBI Director James Comey
- Justice Department Often Defends Officers’ Use of Force at Supreme Court
- Long-time DEA Informant May Face Deportation After Calling It Quits