FBI Director James Comey said Thursday that there’s no evidence that terrorists are trying to weaponize Ebola, The Hill reports.
Comey had a one-word response when asked whether there was credible evidence of an Ebola threat from terrorists: “No.”
Comey didn’t elaborate after a speech at the Brookings Institute.
Some Republicans and others have expressed fear that terrorists have considered Ebola as a possible weapon.
President Obama’s administration has come under fire for its response to Ebola after a second U.S. heath worker contracted the virus.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Investigating Discovery of Bomb-Making Materials in Teen’s Home
- Former Smucker Employee Charged with Defrauding Company of $4.1M
- Border Patrol Agents Rescue Man Injured in Encino, Texas
- New Jersey Gov. Christie Quips About Perks of Secret Service Watching Daughter
- Did FBI Illegally Hack Silk Road Servers to Find Accused Pirate?