FBI Agent Stephen Ivens, 35, has been missing for five days, and officials, concerned he may be suicidal, are calling the search to find him “urgent” reports the LA Times.
Authorities followed bloodhounds trailing a scent to the rugged Californian Verdugo Mountains near Ivens’ home, where he was last seen leaving on foot, seemingly with no personal belongings other than his handgun. This information and his reportedly distraught state have added a sense of urgency to the search.
Authorities don’t believe the agent to be a threat to anyone but himself, and urge anyone who sees him to call authorities rather than approach him.
To read more click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Aryan Brotherhood Member Sentenced for Slaying (AP)
- Justices Quash Lawsuit vs. FBI (Boston Globe)
- FBI wiretaps: Tim Durham, Partners Talk of Hiding Information from Investors (Indy Start)
- Union County Lands Radio Tower Deal with FBI (Charlotte Observer)
- Will We Let the FBI Micromanage Our Software? (ACLU)