A German sniper who plotted to assassinate a federal DEA agent was sentenced to 20 years in prison on Thursday, the New York Post reports.
Dennis “Nico” Gogel was convicted in January of conspiring to murder the agent and a confidential informant in Liberia for $800,000, the Post wrote.
“How stupid I feel to have engaged in something like that,” Gogel said at his sentencing.
“I’m not the same person I was before.”
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Warns of Virtual Kidnapping Scam in New York, Nevada, California
- FBI Investigates Strange Objects Dropped Off at Mosque in Miami
- Cleveland, Justice Department Within Week of Choosing Consent Decree
- FBI Whistleblower Says Presidential Candidates Should Be Asked ‘Hard Questions’
- TSA to Stop Taking Some States’ Driver’s Licenses As ID