The endless search for answers in the JFK assassination was the impetus for yet another film.
“JFK: The Smoking Gun” pursues this question: Did a Secret Service Agent accidentally shoot President Kennedy in Dallas in November of 1963?
The docudrama that will air on ReelzChannel is based on the book, “Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK,” reports the Associated Press.
The film suggests that agent George Hickey was driving behind the president when he accidentally shot the president after Lee Harvey Oswald fire his first shot.
“What we’re saying is that we believe it was a tragic accident in the heat of that moment,” McLaren told the Television Critics Association on Sunday.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- FBI Is Urging Internet Providers to Install Surveillance Technology
- Family, Friends Want Answers in Fatal FBI Shooting in New Orleans
- Samuel L. Jackson to Play Villain in Movie ‘Secret Service’
- Feds Target More Marijuana Dispensaries in States Where Drug is Legal
- FBI to Extradite ‘Largest Child-Porn Dealer on Planet’