The number of guns manufactured in the U.S. more than doubled under President Barack Obama, according to a new ATF report.
In the past four years beginning with 2010, gun production increase from 5.4 million to 10.8 million, AL.com reports.
Guns manufactured in the U.S. grew 18% under George W. Bush and declined 9% under Bill Clinton.
The National Association of Gun Rights attributes the rise in gun ownership over fears that Obama wants to take away guns.
“President Obama has made it very clear he wants to strip away our gun rights, so people are going out and purchasing more firearms and ammunition,” said Joe Neville, director of political affairs at the National Association for Gun Rights.
Other Stories of Interest
- DEA Bans ‘Fake Heroin’ By Making It Schedule I Drug
- FBI Investigates Delaware County Sheriff’s Deputy Placed on Leave
- FBI: Suspicious Devices Found at New Mexico Power Plant Not Dangerous
- Federal Prosecutors Accused of Violating Constitution Get No Help from Ex-Officials
- Cybersecurity Bill Threats to ‘Sweep Away’ Internet Users’ Privacy, Agency Warns
- TSA Officer, 27, Charged with Making Child Pornography