Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, one of the world’s most notorious drug lords, should be charged in the U.S. so he is never released from prison, the chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security said Sunday.
The Associated Press reports that Rep. Michael McCaul, chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, wants Mexico to extradite Joaquin ‘El Chapo’ Guzman, who was arrested Saturday at a beach resort in Mazatlan, Mexico.
But McCaul realizes that is Mexico’s call to make.
Guzman escaped from a Mexican prison in 2001.
McCaul said the U.S. would put Guzman “in a super-max prison.”
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Justice Department Investigates ‘Anything for a Buck’ Sting in Florida
- California Sen. Calderon, Brother Charged Following Lengthy FBI Investigation
- FBI Snooping at Louisville City Hall; Bureau says It’s No Investigation
- FBI Arrests Georgia Militiamen Who Tried to Buy Pipe Bombs, Thermite
- Connecticut State House GOP Under Investigation By FBI for Campaign Mailings