A drug smuggler mauled by a Border Patrol dog while trying to bring drugs across the U.S.-Mexico border is suing the federal government, The Week reports.
Jose Manual Marino-Najera, 31, said he crossed the border into Arizona and fell asleep under a tree when the dog mauled him.
The lawsuit claims the agents “ignored his cries for help.”
Marino’s attorney said the lawsuit is possible, even though the defendant was in the country illegally, because he was in the U.S. at the time of incident.
The suit seeks lost income and compensation for severe pain and suffering.
Stories of Other Interest
- FBI Arrests Suspected Gang Members, Murderers in Yonkers
- FBI Investigator Explains Investigations into Civil Rights Violations
- Man Who Impersonated FBI Agent for Perks to Plead Guilty
- Another Man Charged in Gun Case Tied to Ferguson Shooting
- ATF Joins Los Angeles Fire Officials Investigating Downtown Blaze