The FBI in Georgia is trying to hone in on corrupt judges and legislators.
The Associated Press reports that the FBI has created a new squad to investigate those folks. Brian Lamkin, who heads the FBI office in Georgia, told The Associated Press he formed the team after months of reviewing the agency’s priorities.
“It impacts the everyday system. It’s not just a dirty law enforcement officer that might be shaking you down,” he said, according to AP. “You’re talking about people that you elect to an office to represent you who try to line their pockets.” To read more click here
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Mystery Million Dollar Romney Donor Revealed (NBC)
- FBI Hunting Oklahoma Fugitive (Bellaire Examiner)
- GPS Used to Track Down Robber, FBI Says (AP)
- Man Robs Three Orange County Banks in 2 Hours (LA Times)
- Officer Shot in Dramatic Standoff Caught on Tape (CBS)
- Strauss-Khan Case Likely to be Dropped (AP)
- Man Throws Molotov Cocktail into Crowd (NBC Chicago)