A Philadelphia man has been charged with threatening to shoot Sen. Joe Lieberman, NBC Connecticut reported.
Authorities alleged that Dmitry Dyatlov, 23, a U.S. citizen who came from Uzbekistan in 1998, wrote on a blog: “Actually, there is , at least, one Jew, who we absolutely must shoot in the face (many times), ASAP: Joe Lieberman.”
The station reported that FBI agents went to his apartment on Aug. 2 after being alerted of the posting by the U.S. Capitol Police.
The station reported that a co-worker alerted authorities to the blog post after Dyatlov stopped showing up for work as a Information Technology specialist with Accenture Consulting.
He was detained after a detention hearing Tuesday, but was expected to be released on a tether, the station reported.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Jeff’s Grip on Polygamous Church Likely to Remain (AP)
- Justice Dept. Joins Whistleblower Lawsuit Against For-Profit College (AP)
- 10 Years Pausing — After Sept. 11 (Security DeBrief)
- DHS Says States Can’t Opt Out of Program to Deport Illegal Immigrants With Criminal Records (TPM)
- Ex-CIA Officers Question Obama Critic’s Spying Claim (Spy Talk)
- Success Stories of Smart Criminal Justice Reform (The Crime Report)
- Va. Police Dept. Join National Trend of Using Body Cameras (The Crime Report)