The number of weapons seized at airports this year have increased 20% over last year, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
TSA agents have confiscated 2,164 guns as of Christmas, which marks the seventh consecutive year of increases in the number of weapons seized.
So what’s the deal? Haven’t people been warned enough since Sept. 11, 2001, that they won’t be able to board a plane with a weapon?
It appears not, TSA officials said.
The agency launched a public-relations campaign last month to remind people during the holidays to leave their weapons at home.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Investigates Mosque Vandalism As Hate Crime in Fresno
- Sen. Ron Johnson Readies for New Homeland Security Post
- DEA Hopes to Identify Heroin Dealers with Billboards
- Secret Service Speaks of Benefits of Voluntary Motorcade Drivers
- FBI Investigates Hacker Group Following Video Game Network Attacks