FBI agents are trying to locate people who have accused Sen. Robert Menendez of corruption and patronizing prostitutes in what investigators believe may have been a set up to embarrass the Democrat as he ran for reelection last year, the Washington Post reports.
The investigation brought agents to the Palm Beach headquarters of the sugar and real estate empire where they questioned owners and brothers Alfonso and Jose Fanjul.
Menendez has denied he did special favors for campaign donations.
Agents have come up empty-handed in their investigation of Menendez using prostitutes and believe the senator may have been set up.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- IRS Scandal Prompts Congressional Hearings, More Criticism from Conservatives
- Drug Smuggler Gets 11 Years in Prison for Ramming a Border Patrol Vehicle
- Two Former Terrorists in Witness Protection Eluded Justice Department
- Michigan State Updates Stadium with Homeland Security Protections
- House Bill Protects Homeland Security Budget from Big Reductions