Two suspects were shot Monday night when the ATF and Chicago police were conducting an operation involving illegal firearms.
The weapons raid occurred around 5 p.m. in Chicago Heights, CBS reports.
Authorities said at least one law enforcement agent opened fire after a suspect pointed a gun at the investigators.
Officials don’t believe the injuries were life-threatening.
No law enforcement officials were injured.
A third suspect was arrested, and the trio is expected to be criminally charged in federal court.
Stories of Other Interest
- FBI Briefs Church Leaders on How to Handle Shooter Situations
- FBI Warns of Chinese Espionage in ‘Well-Made’ Short Film
- Justice Department Conceals Cyber Security Memo from Public
- FBI Investigates Suspicious Letters Sent to Many Oregon Sheriffs
- FBI Helps Search for Missing 8-Year-Old California Girl