An American trucker who refused to answer questions from the Border Patrol was yanked out of his truck by agents after they smashed his window as a camera rolled, the Houston Chronicle reports.
The truck driver was arrested at a checkpoint near Falfurrias in Texas, about 60 miles north of the border.
When asked whether he was an America citizen, the trucker said he would “rather not” answer.
Despite warnings of being removed from the truck, the driver refused to answer questions.
“You don’t have probable cause. I don’t have to answer the questions,” the truck driver said. “If I am breaking the law, then arrest me. I am not getting out of the truck, I do not consent.”
An agent accuses the driver of refusing to cooperate with an immigration inspection and then smashes the window before pulling the driver out.
No charges have yet been filed against the driver in federal court.
Other Stories of Interest
- Number of Rapes Increase After FBI Expanded Definition of Rape
- Homeland Security Director to Visit California for 3 Days
- AP: Drone Are Beginning to Patrol Half of Mexico Border
- Border Patrol Agents Say They Arrested Dangerous Gang Member
- DEA Plans to Complicate Congressional Hearings on Marijuana