A Saudi Arabian man will be deported after pleading guilty this week to punching a TSA officer in the face at the Orlando International Airport in January.
Mohammed Abdullah Alomaim, 43, was sentenced to time served and a two-year supervised release, The Orlando Sentinel reports.
“As a result of his conviction, Alomaim will be deported from the United States,” a statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida said.
In January, a TSA officer approached Alomaim for acting erratically and leaving his bag unattended. Alomaim responded by punching the officer in the face.
“Alomaim was immediately taken into custody,” the statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office said.
The FBI handled the investigation.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI to Improve Tracking Program for Crimes Nationwide
- Three KKK Members Charged in Prison Murder Plot
- Homeland Security Provides $1.6B in Government Funding
- Homeland Security Wants New License-Plate Tracking System
- Secret Service Had Its Hands Full During ’98 Gore Event