WASHINGTON – We are used to liberals trying to take away the tools FBI agents need to uncover terrorist plots. But when conservatives — who generally support strong national security — do the same thing, it is particularly dismaying.
Fox News commentator Andrew Napolitano and a few other conservatives have been hammering the FBI for conducting stings that roll up terrorist plots.
A former New Jersey Superior Court judge, Napolitano made the case on Bill O’Reilly’s Fox News show “The Factor” concerning the arrest last month of 19-year-old Mohamed Osman Mohamud in Oregon. According to the FBI, the native of Somalia plotted to blow up crowds gathered for a Christmas tree lighting in Portland.
“The FBI talked him into doing this,” Napolitano said, claiming such stings will lead to the U.S. becoming like East Germany when it was under Soviet domination. “And then [the FBI] got him to say well, I was thinking about doing it before I met you guys. And then the FBI charges him with attempting to explode a device — a weapon of mass destruction? It was a truck filled with sawdust. It couldn’t have exploded.”
To read more click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- FBI Contacted About Threats Against Lyndsay Lohan (TMZ)
- Ex-Soldier Talks About Slaying of Iraqi Family (AP)
- Napolitano Says Slain Border Agent Was After Gang of Bandits (AP)
- Mexican Govt. Drone Plane Crashes in Texas (AP)
- U.S.-Yemen Step up Fight Against Terrorism, U.S. Official Says (AP)
- Govt. Creating Vast Snooping Machine (Washington Post)
- Man Prosecuted for Filing $1 Billion Lean Against Fed Prosecutor (Main Justice)
- 12 Arrested in UK Terrorist Plot (AP)