FBI Busts Menacing Trio in Loan-Sharking Ring in Brooklyn
An unlikely alliance between gangsters and the mafia was discovered by the FBI during an investigation of a loan-sharking ring, the New York Post reports.
The newspaper wrote that the Brooklyn-based FBI arrested purported Gambino crime family member James Ferrara, alleged Westies gang member Daniel Hanley and reputed Demon Knights motorcycle gangster Peter Kanakis.
The FBI says the trifecta were running a menacing, illegal outfit.
“Allegedly members of three different organized crime enterprises, these defendants nevertheless banded together and spoke the same language of violence, threats and intimidation to their victims. Such tactics will always be met with the full force of the law,” US Attorney Loretta Lynch said.
STORIES OF OTHER INTEREST
- Congressman Rogers Loses Bid to Become Chairman of House Homeland Security Committee
- Homeland Security to Use Underwater Drones Based on Fish
- New Border Patrol Station in Arizona Set for Grand Opening
- FBI Worries Most Wanted Man Is Hiding in Mormon Community
- Federal Judge: Undercover FBI Operatives to Remain Anonymous During Terror Trial
Print This Post
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!