Trenton Mayor Tony Mack May Have Salary Slashed in Half Amidst Federal Bribery Probe
Complaining that Trenton Mayor Tony Mack hasn’t be working full-time since his arrest on federal bribery charges, the city council is considering cutting his salary by more than half, reports the Times of Trenton.
If the measure is approved, Mack’s annual salary would gall from $126,460 to $60,000.
“We’re making the position a part-time job based on the work that’s been done,” Council President Phyllis Holly-Ward said.
The mayor, who was arrested last month and charged with conspiring to extort bribes from FBI informants, is expected to appear at tonight’s council meeting, according to the Times of Trenton.
STORIES OF OTHER INTEREST
- Border Patrol Agents Find Undocumented Immigrants Hidden in Bed of Truck
- ICE Credits Arrest of Two Fugitives to Cooperative Salvadorans
- ATF Investigates String of Car Fires in Philadelphia
- FBI Arrests Man in Alleged Scheme Targeting Broadway Musical ‘Rebecca’
- Self-Identified ‘Boy Lovers’ Sentenced to Prison on Sexual Exploitation Charges
Print This Post
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!