Woman Who Found Renoir Painting at Yard Sale for $7 Might Not Be So Lucky After All
A Virginia woman who hit the yard sale equivalent of the jackpot with the $7 purchase of a rare Renoir painting may have gotten more than she bargained for, the Washington Post reports.
A highly publicized auction for the impressionist painting was canceled after new evidence found this week suggests the work was stolen from the Baltimore Museum of Art decades ago.
The painting is valued at between $75,000 and $100,000, the Post reported.
The Virginia woman, who has asked to remain anonymous, said she didn’t know the painting was valuable until her mother suggested it may be an authentic Renoir, according to the Post.
STORIES OF OTHER INTEREST
- New Mexico Probation Officer Accused of Possessing 10 Pounds of Pot
- Ex-Defense Contractor Worker Convicted of Sharing Military Secrets with China
- FBI Theft Case Yields Guilty Please From Two Suspects
- Anti-Muslim Filmmaker Arrested on Probation Violations
- Justice Department Ramps Up Monitoring of Social-Networking Sites
Print This Post
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!