The FBI is now looking into the scandal involving Rupert Murdoch’s Brit reporters to see if they tried to access cellphone record messages and records of 9/11 victims, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The FBI has opened up a preliminary probe into the scandal that has rocked Great Britain, and raised questions about the future of Murdoch’s prosperous media empire, News Corp.
The Times reported that U.S. officials said the FBI is trying to determine whether to launch a full-fledged investigation.
To read more click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Clemens Trial is Deja Vu All Over Again (NPR)
- Stevens Prosecutors’ Appeal on Contempt Finding to Be Heard Oct. 17 (Main Justice)
- FBI Releases Photos of Guns and Cash from Whitey Bulger’s Apt. (LA Times)
- Feds Issue Warning After 4 Mailboxes Stolen (CBS Los Angeles)
- Pistole’s Bold Move at TSA (Security DeBrief)
- Govt. Accidentally Gives ACLU Info About Detainees (Washington Post)